It is my goal for 2012 to take a lot of my weird and wonky experiences as a lifecaster and help nerdy dudes out by providing a frank (not shirley) and honest answer to some weird and potentially random questions you may have about life.
Here is an email I got on Facebook this morning …
Couple of things:
1) I never ever ever think anyone contacting me is creepy. I put myself out there, I ASK for you guys to contact me … so thank you for doing so.
2) Thank you for the compliment on my writing style.
3) That’s awesome that we’re both freaks of nature in remembering faces. Maybe we should pro-create so our kids would be super human.
4) I’m never one to tell people what they can and can’t do – but I will say it is going to be EXTREMELY difficult to get written into the monologue. BUUUUTTT my buddy Mike (who was the dude I crashed the SNL party to meet) had tickets every week he could give out to people. My very first suggestion would be to go through the credits on SNL (you can use IMDB) and find some of the writers on twitter. You can then, ask them for their email addy (or you can just google it directly, but I personally find ANY communication started through twitter to be less invasive) and then drop them a love note saying that you are dying for tickets – etc. There is a fine line between being totally passionate and wanting it so badly you can taste it … and being a fucking creep. Mention the stag party, mention how this is a lifelong dream … say that you know they could give the tickets to anyone, but you’d really really really appreciate it. Speak from your heart man – works every time.
5) If that doesn’t work, crashing the after party is unbelievably easy. I lucked out being female and talking to the limo driver (also I was 17 so I pretty much had “I will not kill anyone” stamped on my forehead). If you don’t feel as brazen in asking (or you vibe it out that it’s not kosher) – I’d get a cab and have it wait behind the limos and when one pulls away scream – FOLLOW THAT LIMO!! (If you do that please please please youtube it. That’s totally on my life list to get into a cab and scream FOLLOW THAT CARRRR!!!)
From there, you’ll obviously be able to find the venue – but then you have to get in. SNL after parties are usually hosted at a restaurant, so one option could be to go in and say your girlfriend left her purse in the booth and you were just looking to go and get it. This is tricky however, because you also need to make sure you have a hoodie or some sort of disguise that you can leave in the restroom so you can quickly zip it off and leave it somewhere. You and I may be freaks of natures when it comes to faces – but most people aren’t. What they will remember is a color of a shirt, or general clothing you are wearing. By swapping it out, you are good to go.
I can’t tell you hooooowwwwwww many times I’ve done that to get away as well from creeper mcgees that I’ve met at parties.
Bottom line though to execute your goal all you need is an EXTREME amount of confidence. I have ZERO self doubt when it comes to my ability to execute a goal. ZEROZEROZEROZEROZERO. I can walk up to ANY security guard and no matter what look them dead in the eye and say yes, I belong here. If you flinch even ONCE, they will catch it. Watch your breathing, try not to sweat – take a shot of tequila if you have to … but no matter what, you can be your own worst enemy when it comes to situations like that.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted!!!
Got a question? Drop me an email! JenFriel at TalkNerdyToMeLover dot com
ORRRRR you can message me on Facebook and if it’s within 140 characters on the twitter!
Best of luck out there nerds!!
xoxo <3 @JenFriel
click here to read how I crashed an SNL party when I was 17
click here to read how I crashed the Spiderman 2 Premier at 19