BAHHHH!!! I love love love love LOVE this!!!
Wear Purple on October 20 for Spirit Day
How can you help show your support for the teens who took their lives because of anti-LGBT bullying?
1. Wear purple on Wednesday, October 20!
3. Facebook pic: Click here to create a purple version of your Facebook profile pic – Then look for the purple photo in a new photo album called “Twibbons,” click on the purple photo, and click “Make Profile Picture.” Works best on square profile pictures.
4. On Wednesday, post this tweet: I’m wearing purple to end anti-LGBT bullying – make your profile pic purple today #SpiritDay https://glaad.org/spiritday
5. On Wednesday, post this Facebook status: I’m wearing purple today to support LGBT youth – make your profile pic purple today for Spirit Day at https://glaad.org/spiritday
6. Help promote by downloading this graphic for your blog or website
On Twitter? Use the hashtag #SpiritDay in your tweets – let’s make #SpiritDay a trending topic!
What is Spirit Day?
The idea behind Spirit Day, first created by teenager Brittany McMillan earlier this month, is a simple one, not dissimilar to the idea of “Spirit Week” held in many high schools, and can be summed up in three words: Everyone Rally Together.
Spirit Day honors the teenagers who had taken their own lives in recent weeks. But just as importantly, it’s also a way to show the hundreds of thousands of LGBT youth who face the same pressures and bullying, that there is a vast community of people who support them.
Purple symbolizes ‘spirit’ on the rainbow flag, a symbol for LGBT Pride that was created by Gilbert Baker in 1978.
As one of the event’s Facebook pages says: “This event is not a seminar nor is it a rally. There is NO meeting place. All you have to do is wear purple.”
Wearing purple on October 20 is a simple way to show the world that you stand by these courageous young people and a simple way to stand UP to the bullies. Remember those lives we’ve tragically lost, and show your solidarity with those who are still fighting. ‘Go Purple’ today!
Please RSVP to these events on Facebook: “R.I.P. ;; In memory of the recent suicides due to gay abuse, wear purple” and Spirit Day, A GLOBAL Day of remembering.
Are You in Need of Immediate Help?
Dude, I’m totally turning the main pic on this site in addition to my Facebook and twitter acount purple!!